Sunday, October 22, 2017

Week 8: Instant Challenge 2, Our Senses, Reading, and Fun!

Students participated in their 2nd Instant Challenge. Their challenge was to create cantilever using only 2 feet of tape, 10 pieces of paper, and paperclips. This proved to be super-duper challenging. However, during this challenge I saw more students working together than the 1st Instant Challenge.

Students listen to the challenge.

Carsen and Aiden with their cantilever.

Tone and Sawyer with their cantilever.

Dakota and Maycie with their cantilever.

Olivia and Emma with their cantilever.

The students have been learning about their senses. So I did a little experiment with them. I took away their sense of sight. I made them focus on their other senses to identify the yummy food I was offering them. Students quickly noticed how their sense of smell seemed to be better.




 Readers Theater Performances were so much fun! The students performed I AM A Frog!

Aiden and Emma were excited to perform for their siblings in 3rd grade. I played the other part in the other 2 performances so I was unable to get a picture. Carsen and I performed for Kindergarten. The kinder students were so engaged by Carsen. He did a fabulous job. Then Rylee and I performed in Second Grade. Rylee did a great job.

Aiden and Emma perform for the Third Graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment